Today, Bethesda Game Studios has announced that later this week, owners of Fallout Shelter, the first mobile game set in the Fallout universe, will be received the 1.4 update.
With Update 1.4, Fallout Shelter is receiving the following changes:
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
A bit of context
Fallout Shelter was an instant smash hit when it launched on iOS on June 14, 2015, climbing to the top of the charts and beating Candy Crush to become the third-highest-grossing game on the App Store in its first week. Since launching on iOS and Android devices, Fallout Shelter has received Best of 2015 Awards from both Apple and Google and has won multiple Mobile Game of the Year Awards, including D.I.C.E. and Golden Joystick.
Since launch Vault-Tec has continued to deliver updates to Fallout Shelter. New features including pets, Survival Mode, holidays, free Fallout 4 characters and cloud support have been added, with many more on the way starting later this week with Update 1.4.