Today, Nicalis revealed the PC release date for Aftebirth, the new expansion pack for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. It will be released for PC on October 30th, and will cost $9.99. Console release dates will be revealed at a later date. According to game creator Edmund McMillen, Afterbirth will add:
- Greed Mode: A whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss
- Expanded main game: A new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: Compete for highscores / best times on the leaderboards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 new challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- A new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons
- 120 new items along with new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc.
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- A new seed code combo page, as well new seed codes that mod the game.
- A greatly expanded soundtrack.
- New room types like trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets.
- A greatly expanded and updated HUD system
- New secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated item combo system
- New achievements
- New co-op babies
A release trailer for the expansion can be seen below.